Wednesday, August 10, 2011

They're going to demolish Yankee Stadium, Fenway, Shea, Busch......?

Good question! One I have thought long and hard about since they are actually tearing down my basebal cathedral, Yankee Stadium. I know things like monument park, the retired numbers and other such items will be moved to the new ball park anyway, so I leave those alone. I would like to have either home plate (which I would frame and have hanging in my living room) or Don Mattingly's old locker (my favorite player of all time). If I could I would take the entire baseball field, but I would have no place to put it. Those things would just be a remembrance. Home plate is cool, because I like the shape (looks nice as a decoration), and I can pontificate about all the great players that have touched it.

No comments:

Post a Comment